We at Moon Design Publications support and value the contributions of the Glorantha Tribe. This Fan Material Policy is designed to do just that while respecting ownership of our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual properties.
Copyright and trademark laws protect our property, and mean that people are generally prohibited from using our logos, images, or other trademarks or copyrighted content without our consent. This Fan Material Policy grants you permission to use some of our intellectual property under certain circumstances.
Moon Design Publications authorizes certain non-commercial use of the following Moon Design-related material:
- You may reference the names of Glorantha things, institutions, places, people, deities, and concepts from our published products, provided you make it clear that these are our marks.
- You may reference plots, storylines, language, and events from our published products in campaign journals, play-by-post or play-by-email games, internet discussion groups, or your own blog or website.
- You may use text or artwork published on the Glorantha website at glorantha.com, unless a page specifically states that the text or artwork is not to be used. You may not use artwork, including maps, that have not been published on the website, although you may create your own interpretations of material presented in our artwork and maps (as long as these are original interpretations and not simple copies).
- You may use those maps located at the Gloranthan Community Map Page.
- You may use the covers of any of our products. Product covers may not be cropped, color adjusted, edited, distorted, or modified.
Non-Commercial. “Non-commercial” means you cannot sell or otherwise charge anyone for access to content used under this Fan Material Policy. If you make any commercial use of Moon Design Publications Material, your rights under this Policy will be automatically terminated, and any permission granted by this Policy will be immediately revoked. If Moon Design Publications believes that you are in the publishing business, you are considered to be a commercial user, and you are not granted any right to use any Moon Design Publications Material under this Policy. (Commercial users may be able to take advantage of our Gateway License for HeroQuest products. Commercial users may also be able to use or license certain Moon Design Publications Material outside of this Fan Policy and the Gateway License with our express written consent. If you are interested in securing permission or a license, please contact us here).
To use Moon Design Publications Material under this Policy, you must include the following notice in plainly legible and accessible form in each product or on each website that uses any Moon Design Publications Material:
“This [website, free form, or whatever it is] uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Moon Design Publications LLC, which are used under Moon Design Publications’s Fan Material Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This [website, character sheet, or whatever it is] is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Moon Design Publishing. For more information about Moon Design Publications and Moon Design Publications products, please visit glorantha.com.”
• You agree to use your best efforts to preserve the high standard of our intellectual property. You agree to present Moon Design Publications, our products, and the Moon Design Publications Material in a generally positive light. You agree to not use this permission for material that depicts:
(a) excessive graphic violence or gore;
(b) sexual abuse, pornography, gratuitous nudity of human or humanoid forms, genitalia, or sexual activity;
(c) existing real-world minorities, nationalities, social castes, religious groups or practices, political preferences, genders, lifestyle preferences, or people with disabilities, as a group inferior to any other group or in a way that promotes disrespect for those groups or practices, or that endorses those groups or practices over another.
• You agree that any such use would irreparably harm Moon Design Pubications. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use this permission to include any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable or that would infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party or constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offence.
• You agree to create an account on glorantha.com and send a message describing your material, with links where appropriate, via the fan contact form. You agree to endeavor to keep this information up-to-date. Websites previously approved by Moon Design Publications or Issaries, Inc prior to the adoption of this Fan Material Policy do not need to send out a new email unless the links have changed.
Changes to Policy