Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Volume 2 and the destruction of Imperial Seshnela

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Martin Scott Martin 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

We are well into Volume 2, having finished the layout for the Maniria, Pent, and Ralios chapters. One set of pages I am particularly pleased with is pages 402-403.

http://www.glorantha.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Screen-Shot-2014-01-15-at-1.01.06-PM.png

On the right, you see Second Age Seshnela (with descriptions of its major cities and provinces in the blue boxed text). On the left you see the political map of Old Seshnela in the Third Age, showing the destruction of the old heartland and its few remnants.

Imagine for a moment what the ruins of Frowal must be like. All that we know is that its triple walls now serve as a quarry for the local petty princes of the Castle Coast. But within are the ruins of a metropolis that once ruled Glorantha and home to the blasphemous God Learners.

Profile photo of Chlodoweg
    Chlodoweg
    Spectator

Just a slightly off topic question. My wife signed me up for the Kickstarter way back when and she donated enough to get everything in PDF format. Is there a way I can upgrade that to getting both the books and the PDF?

Thanks,
    Mark

Profile photo of Mark Mohrfield
    Mark Mohrfield
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Quote from Chlodoweg on January 15, 2014, 17:41
    Is there a way I can upgrade that to getting both the books and the PDF?

Thanks,
    Mark

Someone from Moon Design will have to confirm this, but I believe that when the final kickstarter survey goes out, it will give backers the option of upgrading their pledge level.

Profile photo of Rick Meints
    Rick Meints
    Keymaster

We will allow Kickstarter backers to upgrade their levels.

Profile photo of Erick Eckberg
    Erick Eckberg
    Spectator

Nice-looking layout! I’ve always wanted to run a campaign set in the West but was intimidated by the lack of information available (to me, at least). I began a campaign set in Loskalm (HeroWars Age), but soon gave it up, as my only real source of info was Genetela: Crucible of the Hero Wars. Great book with tons of tantalizing tid-bits, but not enough in-depth explanations to set a campaign (at least not one where I didn’t know I would regret making guesses and assumptions.

Profile photo of Chlodoweg
    Chlodoweg
    Spectator

Great. Thanks for the quick answer.

Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Erick Eckberg on January 16, 2014, 01:27
    Nice-looking layout! I’ve always wanted to run a campaign set in the West but was intimidated by the lack of information available (to me, at least). I began a campaign set in Loskalm (HeroWars Age), but soon gave it up, as my only real source of info was Genetela: Crucible of the Hero Wars. Great book with tons of tantalizing tid-bits, but not enough in-depth explanations to set a campaign (at least not one where I didn’t know I would regret making guesses and assumptions.

I think that now there is more than enough information to run games in the West. Or anywhere else in Glorantha for that matter.

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Just a follow-up on this one after a few weeks letting it sink in: thank you for keeping the hex overlay on the pre-subsidence maps like this one and, I hope, whatever happens with Jrustela. While I will probably never use these for tactical purposes, the grid really helps to pinpoint how these parts of the world have changed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.