Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions The Ultimate Preview and the Kickstarter Survey

This topic contains 128 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ville Bergholm Ville Bergholm 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Please let us know in this thread any scriveners’ errors you see in the Ultimate Preview. Please do the following:

1. Give us the page number of the error. (also saying which column helps)

2. Let us know the error in a manner that we can quickly fix it.

3. Big rewrites of text or big changes to formatting aren’t possible at this late stage.
    If you feel super strongly about something, email us to discuss.

4. This is a 72 DPI PDF to keep the file size small, so some maps and art may be fuzzy.
    If something looks really bad, though, let us know.

We will collect those comments we get in the next week (until Friday, April 11) and get them in the final manuscript. But very soon after it is OFF TO THE PRINTERS!

Profile photo of Thomas Lindgren
    Thomas Lindgren
    Spectator

I’m checking off the contents against the kickstarter. I haven’t followed the discussion so far due to various forum issues, so please bear with me if this has been covered. Some items I’m wondering about:

“Mythed Me!” Complete map of the Heroplane and gazetteeer of locations on the 8 maps of the Mythological ages: is this the “Godlearner Maps” appendix?

“Vampires in Glorantha” essay by Rein-Hagen? Not found.

Most significant one I couldn’t find: “Secret of the God Learners”. (I don’t mind getting it only in the final version, but I would like to get it.)

Profile photo of Nick Brooke
    Nick Brooke
    Spectator

Here’s a few quick catches:

TYPO p.722 (picture caption): “He is iconographical similar to how the Dara Happans depict Rebellus Terminus”. Arguably “walktapi” should be “walktapus” (singular) later in the same caption, and I would add a comma after “Cry for Castles” to close the parenthetical statement begun after “On the right side,”

TWEAK p.720 (yellow box): suggest replacing the two instances of “is” with “was” in his teachings, i.e. “”that physical engagement WAS necessary” and “that thought WAS not the only reality…” (as all his other teachings are eternal truths presented in the past tense). This is picky, I agree.

p.718, first list item. Suggest adding period after the years and capitalising “Three”, i.e. “349-51. The Three Councils of the Oak – ” etc. All other years end in a dot (.) and all other numbers are capitalised. I would also suggest not capitalising “The” in the entries for 429 (“Construction of the Towered Walls”) and 441 (“the Gulping Earth”).

p.702 caption describes the cultists of Seseine as “having skin colors that range from dark black to blue.” None of the cultists visible in the picture on p.703 appear to meet this description. (Great pic, though!)

p.696, suggest indenting “Sky” the same distance as all other entries in the “Characteristics of the Grey Age” box (if possible). Same on pages 693, 690, 685, 683, 680, 678… each of the yellow boxes in the Godlearner Maps section. Also, shouldn’t the chapter title be “God Learner Maps” (you have it as two words throughout the book)? Eyeball other boxes, too, e.g. Key to Maps on p.661 has the same issue.

RICK SEZ: All fixed, except for Seseine skin color catch. waiting on Jeff.

JEFF SEZ: Sometimes certain compromises with Gloranthan reality were made in order to have a better and more artistic picture. The skin color of the cultists was one of those. The description gives what the colors really would be, but the picture is the artistic representation.

Profile photo of Peter Metcalfe
    Peter Metcalfe
    Spectator

p673 (box). Mostal should be in Bold and given its own paragraph heading.

RICK SEZ: Fixed.

Profile photo of Harald Smith
    Harald Smith
    Spectator

p.402 Lhankor My <- should be Lhankor Mhy

p.722 “Below him are is a horse-riding Ralian” <- remove “are”

Profile photo of Bruce Turner
    Bruce Turner
    Spectator

p.457, Bison Rider sidebar: “Heavy lances and trust blades…” should probably be “Heavy lances and trusty blades…”

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

So nice to see all the old and new art. Clickable index is amazing!

p. 753 we can probably lose “An” as an entry unless some of these refer to something beside the article.

How much pain do we want to go through in the index? It would be nice if names of texts/artworks were italicized, for instance.

RICK SEZ: Fixed “An”. Italics in the index would only be possible if I was emailed the list of words to italicize.

Profile photo of Mark Mohrfield
    Mark Mohrfield
    Spectator

Page 71 “The Third Stage is fully carnivorous (unlike the largely vegetarian Stage Two or the omnivorous Stage Two)”. The “Stage Two” that comes after “vegetarian” should be “Stage One”.

Profile photo of David Cake
    David Cake
    Spectator

Pg 526, in the history section “This land was inhabited by a people called the Vadeli, the children the demigod Vadel, son of Vimorn and the goddess Vadela.” should be the “the children of the demigod”

Profile photo of Jamie Norrish
    Jamie Norrish
    Spectator

Page 516: Straight quotation marks used instead of curly in the italicised sidebar (“Ship-flight,”). Other instances of these straight quotation marks are on pages 410, 440, and 704. Volume 1 has instances on pages 186, 306, 316, 319, 343 (two), and 392.

Page 732, last column: “the Lunar retaliation she was sure to come” -> “the Lunar retaliation she was sure would come”.

Page 737: “TooBigToBeSeen” -> “Too-Big-To-Be-Seen”?

Page 738: “BlueLikeACorpse” -> “Blue-Like-A-Corpse”?

Page 749, first column: “monomyth of the hero’s journey, has had” -> “monomyth of the hero’s journey has had” (remove comma)

Page 749, second column: ““Enemies of Rome,” “The Ancient Greece of Odysseus”, “Greek Legends”. This is one example of many (throughout the Guide) of inconsistent punctuation, with the comma sometimes within the quotation marks, sometimes without.

Page 749-50: The dash used between the work title and the note varies in length, and also whether it is surrounded by spaces or not.

Page 749-50: Most of the notes on the sources listed start with a lower case letter (or appropriately capitalised proper noun), but some do not, namely the entries for: Burkert, Daniélou, Dickinson, and Ferdowsi. Personally I’d prefer if they all started with a capital. The lower case looks particularly odd when the note contains more than one sentence.

Profile photo of David Cake
    David Cake
    Spectator

Naiad is misspelled Niiad in the entry for Deeper on page 706.

Profile photo of Jonathan Geere
    Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 98. Qualyorni: Moorgarki, the Cold One. God and tragic heroine…
    Is Qualyorni: Moorgarki a God or Goddess? Cannot be a God and heroine?

RICK SEZ: Fixed. (to Goddess)

Profile photo of Gregory Molle
    Gregory Molle
    Spectator

Page 470 : Nowhere Land (text) or Nowhere Isle (map) ?

JEFF SEZ: I’m going to keep this discrepancy as I suspect both are used by Gloranthans. Nowhere Isle is probably more correctly, but the land of Jeremy Hillary Boob is going to stay in the book.

Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Thomas Lindgren on April 3, 2014, 22:19
    I’m checking off the contents against the kickstarter. I haven’t followed the discussion so far due to various forum issues, so please bear with me if this has been covered. Some items I’m wondering about:

“Mythed Me!” Complete map of the Heroplane and gazetteeer of locations on the 8 maps of the Mythological ages: is this the “Godlearner Maps” appendix?

“Vampires in Glorantha” essay by Rein-Hagen? Not found.

Most significant one I couldn’t find: “Secret of the God Learners”. (I don’t mind getting it only in the final version, but I would like to get it.)

Much of that additional content is placed throughout the book, and not as one standalone section. But believe me, the Secret of the God Learners is there in the book.

Mark’s essay will be available later on the website. But since he has his own Kickstarter to fulfill and another in the works, I pushed that off until after he’s done with that. Additionally, it would have been very weird to put several pages on vampires in the Guide (they just aren’t that important). That being said, we added a fair amount of material about Unlife in the Chaos section.

Profile photo of Jonathan Geere
    Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 99. Map has Dark Trolls distributed under the Palarkri Mountains. Is this correct?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘The Ultimate Preview and the Kickstarter Survey’ is closed to new replies.