Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions The size of Dream Dragons

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Erick Eckberg Erick Eckberg 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard

For those interested, Pete Nash and I had a short chat on how big Dream Dragons get. I thought I’d share the results.

Mature dream dragons are somewhere between 40 and 70 feet long from snout to tail tip. They have wings that are comparable in length – sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. They vomit flames, acid, poison, even gouts of lightning. That’s about the size of a good spinosaurus or even larger.

Immature dream dragons are significantly smaller, usually between 15 and 40 feet long.

Ancient or really powerful dream dragons get really big – over 80 feet or even more.

But compared to a True Dragon, even the largest dream dragon is but a gnat.

Profile photo of Charles

See page 187 of the Sartar Companion – entirely compatible 😉
    Lalaach the Dragon
    A 50 foot long green dragon with yellow eyes, Lalaach has four limbs, the body of a great serpent and huge bat-like wings.

Lalaach has existed since the time of the Waltzing and Hunting Bands, perhaps longer.

Jeff Richard

Yep, and Lalach is a match for a king’s retainers. Imagine a really ancient dream dragon….

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp

I always assumed that True Dragons are to True Giants what dream dragons are to humans.

So, using my favourite scale of Human:Action Man (GI Joe):Tabletop Miniature figure for True Giant:Giant:Human, a 60 foot dragon would equate to a True Dragon around 4.5 km long, which would be about right. (A human is around 6′ tall, so a 60′ dragon is 30 times as long, Gonn Orta is 150m tall, so a similar scale true dragon is 60 x 150m long.)

Jeff Richard

I fear miniatures scales never came up in the discussion at all.

Profile photo of Keith Nellist
    Keith Nellist

miniature scales? Surely Dream Dragons would have normal sized scales.

Profile photo of Erick Eckberg
    Erick Eckberg

Ba-dum-dum. Good one, Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.