Home Forums The Tribe General Chat Super Bowl XLVIII: Glorantha style

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Richard Jeff Richard 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pentallion
    Pentallion
    Spectator

The Storm Gods face off against Yelm and his Golden Horde on the Super Bowl Quest.

Golden Boy Peyton Manning is Yelm, who has arisen from his neck surgery, seeking to claim his place on the throne as the greatest QB of all time. He leads his clan of horse lovers on SUNday as they take the Super Bowl Quest.

Pot Roast: When Yelm leaves the field, Yelmalio steps on. Fighting valiantly, will he reach the Hill of Gold or will he be ambushed by Orlanth along the way?

DThomas is the Griffin, streaking to the endzone. Can the Storm Gods catch him on the wind?

Welker, Decker and PThomas are the horses John Fox (Lokarnos) has hitched to his wagon, can they carry Yelm to the completion of this quest?

The Storm Gods will have something to say about that.

Led by Russell Wilson, the embodiment of Orlanth is always running free, never still, always in motion, will he put the dagger into Yelm and end his rule?

Marshawn Lynch, the Storm Bull, may go into full Beastmode.

Richard Sherman, the Trickster, is the greatest thief in the NFL, with his grinning face and his impish eyes, he may well steal the game from the sun worshippers.

Earl Thomas is ELmal. Playing like he’s not of this world, he defends the hearthzone while Orlanth is off the field.

Kam Chancellor is Humakt. As a HOF player once pointed out, Kam “hit Vernon Davis so hard his soul left the field”. Who else will he cast his Sever Spirit on this Sunday?

The Legion of Boom are the Thunder of the storm.

John “Issaries” Schneider has been wheeling and dealing to create the perfect storm. Pete “Lhankor Mhy Carroll has applied all his football knowledge to the task at hand. They defeated red Shargrash and his red and gold hordes to get here.

Who will complete the Super Bowl Quest. Will Yelm dazzle with his brightness or will he be swept away by the storm?

Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

That is awesome! I’ll be rooting for the Storm Gods, hoping they avenge Umath’s 2006 defeat at the hands of the Pittsburgh Shargashi.

Pentallion
    Spectator

I totally forgot to mention how the Malkioni Saints came marching in and were driven out by a torrential downpour and high winds. Orlanth’s fury easily overcame them.

I think the Pittsburgh Shargashi overcame Umath because some stinking Vadeli showed up disguised as zebra riders to officiate the game.

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

We are offering sacrifices of pico de gallo, bbq chicken, and clam dip to aid the Storm Gods of Seattle in their victory over the Pure Horse People of Denver!

Pentallion
    Spectator

The perfect storm. Yelm is dead, all hail Orlanth!

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Yes indeed. That was about as close to watching Orlanth cut down Yelm with Death as we are likely to see in professional football. I must now appease my ancestors from Colorado – and offer gifts to my triumphant Seattle kinfolk!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.