Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Preview of Vol. One for Kickstarter backers – Errata

This topic contains 94 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Martin Helsdon Martin Helsdon 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan Geere
    Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 112-5
    Heavens Corrupted
    (If not brought up already) can someone take a look at how the description matches up with the Copper Tablet on the page. For example:
    3. Lodril’s Descent, Crash, and Burn (top), yet this tablet is at the bottom of the page.

Maybe they should read:
    1 …(top)
    2….(middle)
    3…(bottom)
    4 …(top)
    5….(middle)
    6…(bottom)
    7 …(top)
    8…(bottom)
    9 …(top)
    10…(bottom)

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 215. Map. Cursed City has no population number (it is described as a small city on page 217)
    Page 214. Boxed text:
    … there, they drowned a few camps of the enemies of the sorcerers.
    … there, they drowned a few camps of the sorcerers’ enemies.

Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

No population number for the Cursed City was given deliberately.

Profile photo of Rick Meints
    Rick Meints
    Keymaster

I have just finished processing all of the edits submitted prior to this post. Many thanks.

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

I’m a bit confused about the Rice Growing Regions Map on Page 300. When it indicates ‘Primary crop’ is this for Rice, and ‘Important crop’ for crops other than Rice?
    Why is there a region that is ‘Temporary expansion’? Or is it ‘Recent expansion’?
    And what’s going on in the middle of Doblain that is miles away from a major river and so doubtful chances for irrigation and rice.
    It’s not clear to me what’s what and why I need to know this in the first place (i.e. I couldn’t see any supportive text to accompany this map).
    Good stuff but left me a bit mystified!

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Korola-ator on Page 311 (and on the AAA) but Korele-ator on Map page 310

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 342. Missing text copied from Dorastor (The Talastar Papers, Page 5) onto the Guide:
    Benksland: This rugged hill country is only occasionally washed by periodical floods [of chaos spilling] from the central lowlands.
    Skalsland: This rugged hill country is only occasionally washed by periodical floods [of chaos spilling] from the central lowlands.
    Assuming it is not a flood of water flowing up from the central lowlands?
    Also maybe changing Skalsland text as it is a copy and paste job? I.e.:
    Skalsland: With a similar terrain as Benksland this land also suffers periodic chaos intrusions from the lowlands.

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 339. Maybe add ‘Lingsting’ in front of Sun Dome on the political map in Talastar, this will also then match the AAA.

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 339. Skanthi population on the political map has 2K urban population, 25K rural but a total is 30K.
    In the population of the Lunar Empire table on page 292 the total Skanthi population is 25K, so maybe the map should read a 23K rural population with a total of 25K?

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Penkranthos shown as large city on map (page 317 and 335) but described as a small city in the text (page 319)

Cafol shown as large city on map (page 317 & 335) but a small city in the text (page 319), also this northern Cafol might be labelled as Old or Larger Cafol as per the text. Also might change the map on page 331 to possibly read old/Larger Cafol

Rafelios and Minitus both shown as a small city on map (page 321) but described as a large city in the text (page 325)

Brinnus shown as a small city on map (page 321) but a large city in the text (page 323)

Minitus shown as a small city on (non-political) map (page 324) but a large city in the text (page 325)

Very large differences exist (4 & 8k) between the city population totals of Spol and Jhor compared to the Urban totals for the regions on the political map page 321

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Arnholt appears to be part of the region Akem on map page 211, but the guide has it part of Loskalm (page 203)

Profile photo of Harald Smith
    Harald Smith
    Spectator

p.234 “Fig. 5: Orlanth The King of the Gods holds the reins of the Sun Stallion in his left hand and carries the mighty Thunderbolt in his right hand.”

The illustration shows the reins in Orlanth’s right hand and the Thunderbolt in his left hand.

p.234 “Fig. 2: Lhankor Mhy. This god has a very long bear and carries a writing
    tablet”

While it might be an interesting story to learn about Lhankor Mhy’s very long bear 🙂 in this case I think the reference should be to his very long beard

Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

In some cases, the description will not completely agree with the picture. The description is what the picture should be, not necessarily what it is. Originally, the Description was going to be called Art Notes, but I think that got very repetitive and annoying fast.

LM’s bear got replaced long ago.

Those medium-sized Pelandan cities come from a period when the cut-off point for small city was 7.5k, not 6k. I am seeing if Colin can fix them, but at a certain point discrepancies are just going to have to be accepted. To give an idea, the index has somewhere in the vicinity of 10,000 entries. Not everything is going to line up perfectly (and I am confident that it is already far more internally consistent than Wikipedia).

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Hopefully Colin can get to them, as fitting for the Greatest Gloranthan product ever, or at least to date.

Page 151 has Heen Maroun but HeenMaroun elsewhere in the Guide, but probably picked up in the indexing.

Page 57 Has ELVES FOSTER (caps) start the text on elves. Any reason why this is in Caps (other sections start with the normal format)?

Profile photo of Harald Smith
    Harald Smith
    Spectator
    Quote:
    In some cases, the description will not completely agree with the picture. The description is what the picture should be, not necessarily what it is.

I think that is generally ok (and in some cases quite interesting). However, right vs. left handed just seems confusing (and I think would be particularly so for someone just starting in with Glorantha). One possible approach might be to make a ‘Commentators Note’ in a few instances such as this (e.g. this picture might derive from the EWF period when Orlanth had taken the dragon/left-handed path).

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.