Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Preview of Vol. One for Kickstarter backers – Errata

This topic contains 94 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Martin Helsdon Martin Helsdon 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Happy Sacred Time, Glorantha-philes!

Although the finished Volume One is not yet ready (we are still waiting on four pieces of art), we’ve got a 99.3% complete version available for our Kickstarter backers: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224590870/the-guide-to-glorantha/posts/704273

If you see some errors (such as typos, strange formatting issues, or other obvious mistakes – but please not stylistic recommendations or requests for more information about something), please let us know on the forum thread – that way we can make those fixes while working on Volume Two.

Profile photo of Martin Helsdon
    Martin Helsdon
    Spectator

Page 219: ‘The ocal farmers’ should be ‘The local farmers’.

[Cheating: noticed this whilst indexing last night.]

Only had time to skim through the PDF – looks beautiful/magnificent.

Merry Christmas to the Moon Design team.

Profile photo of Peter Metcalfe
    Peter Metcalfe
    Spectator

p21: (map) Maslo Culture should cover perhaps Thinokos (a bit of Fonrit) and Kumanku

p47: (map) The Vadeli Isles are coloured western culture but none of the Jrusteli Isles are? Admittedly this falls in the too hard.

p124: (map) “Hyalorong” appears in the place of the more conventional Hyaloring (It may be deliberate, i’m just flagging it because it leapt out at me). Likewise Entruli are coloured light blue for Malkioni-Culture (Again I’m aware it could be deliberate) instead of Orangey for Orlanthi.

p125: (map) Pralori and Mraloti are coloured light blue for Malkioni instead of Gray for Hsunchen (Same caveat as above). “Mralani” appears in two places: Maniria and Teshnos. I think the Manirian mention is meant to be Vathmai or Harandings. Sish appears on the Fronelan Coast, whereas previous I had seen it used in Slontos (Sith now appears).

p130: (Map) the Teshnan nations of Inzagril and Amtal have switched places compared to previous maps. Here “Iznagrli” is the kingdom in what is now Matkondu while on previous maps its western Teshnos excluding Matkondu.

p132: (Map) The legend “????” appears in the place of Pithdaros. Also Dorastor is painted in a Heortling colour.

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Peter –

Please do not include anything that is not a scrivener’s error on this thread! A few comments:

p21. No. Thinkos and Kumanku are not really culturally Masloan. Their languages are distantly related, but they’ve been removed for a very very very long time.

p47. There aren’t enough Vadeli there to justify that.

p124. Deliberate.

p.125. Again, deliberate.

p. 130. Deliberate.

132. Good catch! That was a previous version that needed to be switched with the final!

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Keymaster

Minor note: the box on page 158 (describing the picture on page 159). Under the header “Top Left Panel: the World of Forms”, the text mentions boxes. However, in the picture, what is described only contains circles.

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Keymaster

Please report errata in this thread.

For impressions, new discoveries, and other comments concerning the preview of Vol. One of the Guide to Glorantha, please post in http://www.glorantha.com/forums/glorantha-group1/glorantha-discussions-forum1/discussion-of-vol-1-and-guide-to-glorantha-thread158/

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Well, it’s gorgeous. There will be more over in the other thread but two concerns:

A. In the table of contents, “Realms / of Glorantha” has fallen out onto two separate pp. 163 and “Chen Durel, the / Bliss of Ignorance” likewise sprawls across two pp. 286. Likely a multi-line suppression issue but nobody ever checks these so raising the point here.

B. Not seeing any Patron of the Arts / Draw This! information in this volume. I’m sure it’s a combination of my quick skim missing the attributions and the fact that all the fans opted for wacky stuff in Volume Two, but again, just sounding the horn.

Thanks guys. The world has been remade!

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

A. That will get fixed with the final.

B.Patron of the Arts information will appear in its own section once the full selection of pictures are complete.

Profile photo of Mark Mohrfield
    Mark Mohrfield
    Spectator

I don’t know if it’s a mistake or a deliberate change, but Lodril is listed as having the Fire rune rather than the Earth rune on page 150.

Profile photo of Hannu Kokko
    Hannu Kokko
    Spectator

Table of contwnts looks a bit plain compared to fabulous standards of the rest of the book.

The contents in the toc for page 163 look split into too many lines.

Profile photo of Jonathan Geere
    Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

On page 117 the sidebar has: “aftershe” change this to: “after she”

Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator

Horse Nomads and KoI are unlabeled in the 400 ST picture. KoI is labeled Chen Durel in 700 ST but KoI before and after. Hot Lake is labeled Hot Sea in 1100, and is unlabeled in all the other pictures.

Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator

Text bleeds into picture box on p. 68.

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Roko Joko – thanks on the p. 68 catch (although it is already fixed). The others are a byproduct of accidentally using an earlier version of the historical maps (which we just caught after the pdf was made).

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Going to be unfortunately scattershot for the next few days — would you prefer drips or consolidated lists from each reader? Since there are probably a lot of readers.

The frieze on p. 234 (Lightbringer Return) has opened my eyes to all kinds of dangerous misreadings of Orlanthi religion. It’s one of the great revelations in this book. However, presumably Fig. 6 should have “breastS” unless some amazonian hardship is implied.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.