Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Penultimate Guide Preview

This topic contains 83 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Geere Jonathan Geere 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan Geere
    Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Before S-M gets to it with a much needed hyphen, on page 592:

sharppeaked
    and
    snowcapped

The rest I’ll leave to the pro.

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Nice! Yes, everyone please beat me to these because I still dread Fonrit. The system is rigorous but slow.

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 362. Maybe change Ryzel: to Ryzel Hills: to mirror what is on the map

Page 392 Side panel text has:
    Dragonewts of Ormsland…Its dragonewts are wilder, more irrational, and less friendly towards humans than those of Dragon Pass.
    Yet in the main section under
    Ormsland:…and their behavior is often less erratic and irrational than “true dragonewts.”
    So which is it, more or less irrational? I would assume more erratic if page 74 is to be believed?

Page 590 (within the Kothar chapter): …called the Land of Seven Rhinoceros, four of which are found nowhere else and one of which, the Trihorn, is found only in Tarien. So, just checking that only six of the seven rhinos are still extant?

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 145 has a God Learner plate with Korgatsu owning the Beast Rune, yet Page 281 has The God Learners equated it [Korgatsu] with their Hykim. So they would of put Hykim down rather than the Karlorelan name for it?

I’ll get my coat.

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Hyphenquest: Final Act

Everything okay in Pamaltela until p. 538 (goldcrowned) and then 540 (sevenconqueror), 541 (roundtopped).

FONRIT: nonslaves (544, you guys might have changed your mind on this one), handpicked and highlypaid (also 544), statesupported (546), selfstyled and nearforgotten (547), citystates (Abesh, 549), merking (553, you guys might have flipped on this), nonalcoholic (560), maledominated, nonhuman, knocktogethers (566), fairskinned (567

JOLAR: in addition to previous, search turns up grasstype and righthand (570), faroff and SeesatNight (582)
    — Molibasku is out of alpha order

KOTHAR: a few already caught by Mr Geere and other parties, plus multiyear (584), yearround (593)

MASLO: new search reveals semiindependent and doublehulled (594), “house destroying” has split up (596), green- and blueskinned (599) nonhuman (601), jungledwelling, saucerlike, dockworkers (602) in addition to previous

TARIEN: previous search missed monsterinhabited (604), farranging and crocodileinfested (609)

UMATHELA: add selfstyled (616), another merking and “three quarters” (622), fullyqualified (631), antiAfadjanni (635)
    — “three-headed” in Varchep? (635)
    — for the insanely nitpicky the “J” in the Jarasan Gulf entry never got its italic (630)

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 405. Pasos should be in bold?

Page 405: I am not sure if the sentence below reads properly:
    A thriving port, its position on the northwest corner of the peninsula makes it a perfect crossing point for merchants of the Neliomi Sea shipping wares southward, and from the entire Middle Sea sending them north.

I found it easier to read as:

A thriving port, its position on the northwest corner of the peninsula makes it a perfect crossing point for Neliomi Sea’s merchants to ship wares southward, and the entire Middle Sea to send them north.

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

page 415 Palace of Pentacles but Palace of the Pentacle on the map

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 427. “They are often seen in Teshnos.”, appears to be missing a word.
    Maybe “They are often seen trading in Teshnos.”

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 431
    Amazonwarleader should be Amazon war-leader (space and hyphen?)

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 283. Fanzai: not listed in alphabetical order under Places of Interest

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

truestone on page 437 but capitalised Truestone on page 463, is this compatible?

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Should the side bar text on page 512 have a Title?

Jonathan Geere
    Spectator

Page 515 welltrained should be well trained or well-trained
    Page 515 The only noticeable breach is the dwarves city of Torfang,
    Maybe instead be: The only noticeable breach is the dwarf city of Torfang,
    Page 515 Side text: to deflect weapons, and so on.They have elaborate
    Should be: to deflect weapons, and so on.[space]They have elaborate

Profile photo of Mark Mohrfield
    Mark Mohrfield
    Spectator

Voyans are listed on the population list on page 584 as humans, but page 591 seems to indicate that they are non-humans.

Profile photo of Craig Curtis
    Craig Curtis
    Spectator

p373 middle column, 2nd paragraph down, “neither good not evil” should be “neither good nor evil”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.