Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions I can't find something in GtG

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Simon Phipp Simon Phipp 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pentallion
    Pentallion
    Spectator

At least, I’m almost certain it was in GtG. Something about the Hero Wars, yelm dying, a burning hot moon or the moon changes somehow after Yelm dies, perhaps the sky being brought down briefly, I’m thinking it was by a Lunar? I know I read that somewhere and now I have searched and searched and can’t find it.

Profile photo of Peter Metcalfe
    Peter Metcalfe
    Spectator

Glyph 28 of the Black Dragon Mountain Pictoglyphs

The Sun falls from the sky, and the planets fall down as well. The Sky Tyrant devours stars, and fires fall from the heaven. Only the Red Moon remains in the sky, fed by sacrifices to the Blood Sun.

GtG p749

Profile photo of Pentallion
    Pentallion
    Spectator

That was the part that got my started on my search – the part I was looking for was a very similar event told from either a lunar or orlanthi pov, but I’m pretty sure it was a lunar. Something about a Lunar bringing down the skydome maybe? Death of Yelm? I know I read that somewhere in there and when I read GtG p749 I went back trying to find the part I’d read earlier that sounded so very similar.

Profile photo of Harald Smith
    Harald Smith
    Spectator

How about Plate 40 on pg 746 with Ralzakark the Monster Emperor:

This plate depicts a one-horned broo dancing atop a golden ziggurat. The triumphant Blood Sun looms directly above him, blessing him. The fragile Sky Dome is collapsing, and the earth crumbles in fear.

Or maybe the Daliath Prophecy on pg 743:

The Sun shall be murdered anew,
    The heavens dim, the stars fall.
    The lands are submerged by the Sea,
    The Red Sun drowns all in rivers of
    blood.

Profile photo of David Scott
    David Scott
    Keymaster

“with Ralzakark the Monster Emperor” – nice piece of conjecture 🙂

Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator

It’s not much of a stretch, one of the yellow verses refers to him being illuminated. How many illuminated superhero one-horned broo who call themselves The Emperor are there?

Profile photo of Harald Smith
    Harald Smith
    Spectator

Not that odd of a conjecture if you consider pg.742:

When every honest means was exhausted, then the true Monster Empire showed itself.
    The Red Emperor, who had served the Red Goddess for so long, was gone. The beings who took his place were not human, and had objectives which were beyond human ken.

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator

Maybe it’s not so much the identity of the unicorn emperor that’s conjecture but what we should call him. “Oh him. He’s the other Ralzakark.”

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp
    Spectator

Not that odd of a conjecture if you consider pg.742:

When every honest means was exhausted, then the true Monster Empire showed itself.
    The Red Emperor, who had served the Red Goddess for so long, was gone. The beings who took his place were not human, and had objectives which were beyond human ken.

I always found it funny that killing the Red Emperor made the Lunar Empire worse. The Red Emperor was the one keeping it all together, making sure the Chaos was kept in place, in orther words, he was the good guy.

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp
    Spectator

Arrgh – why do I spot the typo just after I press “Submit”? We still cannot edit our posts, I see.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.