Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Humakti and Children

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Summers David Summers 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael Hitchens
    Michael Hitchens
    Spectator

Personally I like geas that can be broken. To me the point of them is that the recipient has to continually choose to follow the path set down by the God.

Yes, “Never be a parent” and “Unable to bear/father children”. The second doesn’t strike me as a geas at all. But I think that’s what Simon meant.

Michael

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Quote from Evilroddy on May 9, 2014, 20:50
    Remain chaste at all times? Accept divinely sent sterility? These seem more workable and enforceable than never be a parent. Could not a Humakti become a parent through adoption which would in no way break his/her vows?

Surely, geases are not meant to be easy?

A Humakti with “Never be a parent” could not marry someone with children or adopt children. Tough, that’s what you get for having such a geas.

Quote:
    Quote from Evilroddy on May 9, 2014, 20:50So was the Harrek question in bad taste? If not, I would like an opinion on the reproductive potential of Superheros who embody the Death Rune. The possibility, either way, intrigues me.

Is Harrek a Death-Rune Superhero? Arkat certainly was, as was Yanafal Tarnils while he was mortal.

I can see all of them having children without any problems. Their powers are in death-dealing, by the sword, club or claw, not in being a manifestation of death itself.

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Quote from michaelh on May 10, 2014, 07:39
    Personally I like geas that can be broken. To me the point of them is that the recipient has to continually choose to follow the path set down by the God.

Yes, “Never be a parent” and “Unable to bear/father children”. The second doesn’t strike me as a geas at all. But I think that’s what Simon meant.

Thanks, that is exactly what I meant.

Profile photo of David Summers
    David Summers
    Spectator

FWIW, my Humakti would have lost the ability to bear children. It was a sacrifice to place her more firmly on the path of death instead of life, not a geas.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.