Home Forums Glorantha Glorantha Discussions Guide Update: To the South!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Martin Scott Martin 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Richard
    Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Layout of the Guide is proceeding at a glorious pace. We are finished with the Oceans section. There are an amazing number of maps in the Pamaltela section, so finally the southern continent will be getting the love it so deserves! And the Jan Pospisil plates for Fonrit and Umathela are looking amazing!
    But before we delve into the mysteries of the Southern Continent, let’s take a quick whirlwind visit of the Oceans and Islands, including:

Information on trade routes
    Information on the various archipelagos and islands of interest
    Jrustela and the Orange Guild
    Slon!

There are another 71 pages of material from the Oceans and Islands section I didn’t post previews of, so that should just serve as a brief teaser!

Profile photo of Peter Metcalfe
    Peter Metcalfe
    Spectator

The trade route is interesting. I would never have picked Charth as being so significant. I can only assume its related to Jestolo and the Golden Fleet

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

Charth is the nearest point between Pamaltela and the East Isles, and the route has been well known to the East Islanders thanks to Jestolo. It is about 350 miles from Desolo Island to the Tortugax Archipelago. Charth is the first city past the Tortugax, and significantly closer than Yanchi (which is the next city up the coast of Onlaks).

Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator

Thanks for the update.

p. 534 A vast tropical rain forest stretch (stretches or stretched) across all of northwest northeast Pamaltela.

p. 466 Zeven (text) vs. Zevan (map).

p. 466 “Whalebone Island is reportedly the farthest north human habitation in Glorantha” – OK, maybe reportedly by the locals, but clearly not, according to the map.

Great stuff, but could we get an update on projected shipping dates for the products? Thanks sir.

Jeff Richard
    Keymaster

I’m not going to give any update on projected shipping dates until the book is at the printer. I can say where we are in the process (and those who have access to preview copies of the Guide can make their own estimates):
    We hope to finish laying out Pamaltela next week.
    Then we have the appendixes to complete. We may give an penultimate preview of the book to the KS backers to help with a final round of error spotting at this time, which would let us work on the appendixes while people can help spot those errors that slipped through our fingers.
    Then comes the final preview, with the appendixes. Then the printer. Then it is off to fulfillment and into your hands!

Profile photo of Jenx
    Jenx
    Spectator

These look great, and the illustration of the merchants is great as well. Since there’s not that much info on Pamaltela, as a relatively new convert to Glorantha I am very interested in it’s write up in the Guide.

Also, I will now take the rest of this post to remind you, Jeff, that I sent you some e-mails about a week ago, and would appreciate if you check them out and get back to me.

Profile photo of Scott Martin
    Scott Martin
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Quote from Jeff Richard on February 12, 2014, 19:09
    I’m not going to give any update on projected shipping dates until the book is at the printer. I can say where we are in the process (and those who have access to preview copies of the Guide can make their own estimates)

Some wiseacre needs to rise to this kind of challenge. None of what follows is official, binding or even likely. I’m only putting it out there to keep the tribe’s juices flowing.

Based on the recent updates, layout is hitting a really high-energy groove and it’s very possible they’ll wrap Pamaltela next week, which formally ends the main text, having described the entire stretch of the inner world.

After that, the appendices are massive and some of them cry out for (or even demand) fairly funky page design. It might take a month. It might take five or six weeks. From what we’ve seen so far, that’s pushing into worst case scenarios.

From there, maybe budget a month with the printer and then a month in shipping. Late Sea Season, very early summer? Maybe. Time for Voria and new life.

Either way, dinner is truly almost ready!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Glorantha Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.