Home Forums The Tribe Website updates Forum “Reply” button

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Scott David Scott 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator

I can’t have been the first person to notice this, but I just noticed that if you start typing a quick reply in the forum, and then click the Reply button, it pulls up the larger reply editing window, but you lose the text you already typed. That’s different from how other forums work, and it’s surprising and inconvenient to lose what you typed. (This is in Chrome on Windows 8.) If you can change that, it’d be great.

Profile photo of David Scott
    David Scott
    Keymaster

I’m unsure what you want to do to the reply button – it opens the full reply editor, which is different to to quick reply box. It lets you add pictures, etc. Do you want Reply renamed to what?

Profile photo of Simon Phipp
    Simon Phipp
    Spectator

It might be a bit confusing.

Some people type in text in the Quick Reply box and then press the Reply button, thinking it is the submit button.

After the first time, you soon learn, though …

Profile photo of Roko Joko
    Roko Joko
    Spectator
    Quote:
    Quote from David Scott on April 4, 2014, 18:17
    I’m unsure what you want to do to the reply button

I was trying to say that when it opens the full reply editor, it would be better to take any text already typed into the quick reply box and put it in the full editor, rather than throwing it away with no way to recover it.

I was partly thinking of the case Simon described, but also the case of beginning to type a response, then deciding you want to use the full reply editor.

Profile photo of David Scott
    David Scott
    Keymaster

I’ll contact the forum author and see if it can be programmed in for a later release.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.