September 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm #5214
The epic fantasy role-play setting Empires Rising is to re-published in a revised and expanded second edition! The new edition will be published under The Design Mechanism’s RuneQuest Gateway license, through my own publishing house called Lion & Eagle Press.
Empires Rising is a stand alone fantasy campaign setting for RuneQuest filled with adventure, warfare, conquest and empire building!
Set in the fantasy world of Athennia, Empires Rising is a setting about two new empires: the Commonwealth of Atalansia and the Grydorlan Empire. Both are beginning to take root and expand, and making a mad grab for territory, consuming smaller nations within reach and waging war on their neighbours. In the middle, a group of terrified nations have decided to band together to form The Alliance, a loose confederacy whose sole aim is to make a stand against the ambitions of these two empires. Empires Rising is a campaign guide, and can be used as a sandbox setting in which you to play out your own stories.
The new edition features:
• An revised and expanded world gazetteer. This includes the myths and legends of Athennia.
• Campaign Criteria with complete guidelines for character generation using the RuneQuest 6th Edition rules.
• A rundown of the major cults and factions within the setting.
• Rules governing the use of the five RuneQuest magic disciplines in Empires Rising.
• A complete bestiary of creatures.
• Populus: The capital city of The Alliance and detailed for use as a base for your player characters.
• All the Kings Men: An Introductory scenario to the campaign setting.
The release will be followed up by two supplements:
The first is Tales From Athennia. Six stand alone scenarios are detailed in this book and are good examples of such adventures your characters can have in Empires Rising and can be used as a starting point for your very own campaigns.
The six scenarios are:
• The King Thief
• Curse of the Necromancer
• Pirates of the Black Isles
• Winter’s Song
• Ghost of a Silhouette
• Tricks of the Trade
The second is Destiny of the Crown. This is a full campaign set in the kingdom of Atalansia during a civil war and power struggle for the empty throne. The characters become embroiled in the plotting and scheming between two opposing royal factions.
Release dates to be announced.September 28, 2013 at 2:16 am #5968
I must admit this is unusual seeing this is posted in a Glorantha website, but given that it is for RQ6 its forgiven. It sounds like a very detailed setting, perfect for RQ. A pity it is not Gloranthan, such as in The West or Fronela, as those settings are underused. However this sounds great all the same, I’ll follow this with interest, especially if it supports RQ6! Sounds very cool
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.